Electric knives are also known as electric carving knives. Despite their recent popularity, they are anything but a recent addition to our kitchens. You’d be surprised to learn that the first electric knife was created in 1939. Obviously, due to the advancements in technology, the first electric knife isn’t anything like the ones we have today. Anyway, in this article, we will try to determine the best electric knife for you, our readers, and help you get the best electric knife for your kitchen.
Why Use Electric Knives
Why use electric knives in the first place? Yes, it’s true that traditional knives can get any job done, but electric knives really make the process more natural and effortless. Electric knives allow us to save time and allow us to focus on other matters that require our attention.
One of the most prominent features of an electric knife is that it is extremely accurate. If you want a perfect slice of meat or bread, the precision you can get by using an electric knife is entirely unparalleled compared to traditional knives. Moreover, you won’t have to exert a lot of effort when using it mainly because it will accomplish most of the work for you and all you have to do is position it and press it gently.
Electric knives are also safer than traditional knives. In fact, the number of kitchen knife-related accidents is decreasing and this is mostly due to the growing use of electric knives. That is because most electric knives need to be turned on to be effective, which means when turned off they are no way near as big a hazard as a traditional knives.
Best Electric Knife: A Quick Analysis
Cuisinart CEK-30 Electric Knife
The Cuisinart CEK-30 Electric Knife is an easy-to-use electric knife that offers just enough power to carve meat like you were cutting butter. The knife offers a highly ergonomic design that will fit right into your hand and provide ease and comfort as you prepare a delicious meal for your family. Moreover, the knife is designed for both, right- and left-handed individuals. Meaning, you won’t have to worry about using the knife if you’re left-handed.
The blade of the knife is made out of stainless steel that will ensure the longevity of the blade. It can be used to cut meats, vegetables, fruits and bread alike. Likewise, it can also be placed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. What you just need to do is detach the blade and put it in your dishwasher. Lastly, the knife is available in three different variants: a corded electric knife, a cordless electric knife, and a mid-range electric knife.
- It is quite powerful.
- Easy and comfortable to use
- It offers a simple one-button, one-touch on/off system.
- Ergonomically designed
- Can be used by both left- and right-handed individuals.
- It has a stainless steel detachable blade
- Multifunctional: cuts meats, bread, fruits and vegetables.
- Comes in three variants
- Its corded version might be a little impractical if the power socket is not located near your cutting location.
- Even though serrated knives last a very long time, it should still offer a replacement blade.
Hamilton Beach Electric Carving Knife
The Hamilton Beach Electric Carving Knife comes along with a compact case that will ensure the longevity of your electric knife. It also comes with a carving fork that can replace the stainless steel blade, which can also be stored inside the space-saving storage case.
Whether you need to carve a turkey, roast beef or a thick chunk of ham, this electric knife will make the process easier due to its oscillating, double-serrated blade, which is powered by an electric motor. Moreover, its ergonomic design allows a comfortable and firm grip of the knife.
- It comes with a compact case for storage.
- The knife comes with a carving fork as well.
- The knife and the fork are made out of stainless steel.
- It has a serrated blade that along with electric power can cut through any kind of meat.
- It is also ideal for cutting fruits, vegetables and pieces of bread.
- Ergonomically designed
- The electric knife is not wireless and needs to be connected to a power outlet in order to be used, which can make it extremely inconvenient.
- The electric knife does not have a sharp tip.
American Angler PRO Electric Fillet Knife
The American Angler PRO Electric Fillet Knife is a professional-grade and heavy-duty electric knife that is commonly found in commercial kitchens. It has a torque power that is two times higher than other electric knives. It also has a superior electric drivetrain, which gives it four times the usage life compared to other electric knives.
Since this electric knife is part of a series of electric knives, it is compatible with all other American Angler blades, including the large, eight-inch curved and shark blades. Likewise, it stays cool even after prolonged use, mostly due to its advanced airflow design. The handle has also been designed in an ergonomic manner.
- The knife offers two times the power of most electric knifes.
- Its superior drivetrain and its components ensure four times the usage life compared to other electric knives.
- It is compatible with all of the various blades offered by American Angler.
- Its advanced airflow design allows the knife to remain cool even after hours of non-stop use.
- It boasts of an ergonomically designed handle that will appeal to left-handed as well as right-handed individuals.
- Perfect for filleting fish
- It is not a wireless electric knife.
- It is not ideal for meats other than fishes.
Knives are an essential component of a functional kitchen. With the introduction of electric knives, the food preparation process has become faster and more convenient. Out of the three electric knives we went through, there is absolutely no doubt which of them stands out the most. And that is the American Angler. It is the best electric knife for us because it will not overheat and the blade can be replaced easily.